Your Guide To Renting
Download our full renting guide here:
Tenants: Our Fees
Below is our quick guide on the fees we charge to rent your home with us. You can also download the full guide to renting with MCM in the Your Guide To Renting section.
Before You Move In
· Stage 1: £40.00 (inc. VAT) 1st tenant, £15.00 (inc. VAT) each additional tenant and/or guarantor for credit search(es).
· Stage 2: £225.00 (inc. VAT) for referencing all tenants/guarantors (identity, immigration and visa confirmation, further financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers and landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and creating the tenancy agreement & guarantor agreement if required. Preparing a full inventory & schedule of condition. Providing the tenant/guarantor with copies of all the tenancy paperwork and supporting legislative documentation.
Permitted Occupier Fee
· £15.00 (inc. VAT) per permitted occupier (any occupier over 18 years of age not named on the tenancy) explaining to any permitted occupier their rights and responsibilities towards the named tenant(s) and landlord as well as the provision of documentary guidance and assistance during the tenancy.
· £100.00 per pet returnable additional security deposit (negotiable & when returned by landlord) To cover the added risk of property damage. This will be protected with your security deposit in a Government authorised scheme and may be returned at the end of the tenancy, subject to any pet damage etc.
· Usually £500.00, though some properties may have a larger or smaller deposit requirement. Please confirm the deposit for your desired property with a representative of MCM Estates & Lettings.
Rent In Advance
· One month’s rent is required in advance.
During Your Tenancy
Amendment / Renewal Fee
· £25.00 (inc. VAT) applies when an amendment to a tenancy is requested by the tenant(s) e.g. adding / removing a tenant, or a further fixed period. Fee is for contract negotiation, amending terms and updating your tenancy agreement during your tenancy.
· Please note that there is no charge when a fixed term tenancy rolls over to become periodic.
Ending Your Tenancy
Check Out Fee
· There is no administrative charge to the tenant. Attending the property to undertake an updated Schedule of Condition based on the original inventory and negotiating the repayment of the security deposit(s)
Future Landlord Reference Fee
· There is no charge to the tenant for collating information and preparing a reference for a future landlord or letting agent.
Other Fees and Charges
Unpaid Rent / Returned Payments
· Interest charged at the standard County Court rate, plus £12.50 (inc. VAT) per late payment letter issued.
If you have any questions on our fees, please ask a member of staff
All fees include VAT at 20%. VAT registration No. 209 0002 65
For Your Protection
As responsible Estate & Letting Agents, MCM are members of several regulating and advisory bodies to protect you and the landlord when renting your property. We are also members of the National Federation of Property Professionals (NFOPP) Client Money Protection Scheme. Talk to one of our team for more information.